DENR 7 EXCEEDS 2014 NGP TARGET
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) 7 exceeded its target for the plantations establishment in the National Greening Program (NGP) by nine percent this year based on a consolidated report by the Forest Management Services (FMS) 7 as of November 7, 2014.
With the continued effort to bring back the lost forest cover in Central Visayas, the DENR 7 reported to have produced around 15,799,018 seedlings of native and indigenous species, and reforested about 19,614.22 hectares against its target of reforesting 17,946 hectares in 2014.
“For four years now since its implementation in 2011, region 7 has always been on top when it comes to NGP as it rejuvenates rural economies particularly in the uplands by providing livelihood opportunities to the members of a people’s organization (PO),” said DENR 7 Regional Executive Director Dr. Isabelo R. Montejo.
- DENR 7 EXCEEDS 2014 NGP TARGET
- DENR 7 CELEBRATES ICC DAY
- National Flag Day
- DENR EARTH DAY 2014
- 51 FOREST PROTECTION OFFICERS GET TRAINING
- FORESHORE AREA MASTER PLAN WORKSHOP IN CEBU
- 55 FORESTRY CASES TO BE PURSUED SERIOUSLY
- PRESENT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
- COASTAL WATERS IN 3 TOWNS AFFECTED BY OIL SPILL 'IMPROVING'
- EMB 7 HOLDS 'OZONE' SEMINAR