DENR 7 STOPS SOLAR POWER PROJECT
DENR 7 STOPS SOLAR POWER PROJECT OVER CUTTING OF 982 TREES WITHOUT PERMIT
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources 7 issued a stoppage order against Sunasia Energy Incorporated (SEI) over the cutting without a permit of at least 982 naturally and planted trees in Barangay Talavera, Toledo City.
In a cease and desist order (CDO) signed by community environment and natural resources officer in Cebu City Raul Pasoc last Oct. 28, it directed SEI through its project manager Jose Enrique Tolentino to immediately stop the further destruction of trees.
In a statement, DENR 7 Regional Director Dr. Isabelo R. Montejo instructed Pasoc to initiate the filing of appropriate case against the developer based in the existing forestry laws, rules and regulations.
The total volume of trees cut is approximately 2,190 cubic meters or equivalent to 928,560 board feet with an estimated cost of 18.5 million pesos. One board foot is computed at 20 pesos.Read more...
- DENR 7 STOPS SOLAR POWER PROJECT
- DENR 7 REGIONAL STATISTICAL QUIZ WINNERS
- INTERNATIONAL COASTAL CLEANUP IN REGION 7
- DENR 7 FILES CASE AGAINST 30 PERSONS OVER ILLEGAL FISHING
- SEIZED UNDOCUMENTED AND FINISHED FOREST PRODUCT
- DENR ENVIRONMENT MONTH TARPAULIN
- DENR 7 TO COMPLETE CADASTRAL SURVEY BY MAY 2015
- DENR 7 EXCEEDS 2014 NGP TARGET
- DENR 7 CELEBRATES ICC DAY
- National Flag Day