DENR 7 CELEBRATES ICC DAY
In line with the celebration of the International Clean-up (ICC) day this year, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) 7 led a one day simultaneous coastal clean-up activity on different shorelines and riverbanks across region 7.
Last Saturday, September 20, more than 15, 000 volunteers from all DENR 7 offices along with 29 local government units, 20 government agencies, 6 universities, non-government agencies and other stakeholders gathered in all coastal areas to collect marine trash and debris as the Philippines joined the rest of the world in celebrating the International Coastal Clean-up (ICC) Day.
An estimated of 75 tons of trash were collected in the simultaneous clean-up showing most trash collected were plastics, diapers, napkins, cigarettes, plastic bottles and caps, grocery bags, trash clothes and candy wrappers.
According to DENR 7 Regional Executive Director Dr. Isabelo R. Montejo, ICC is a global event observed by almost all countries every year since 1986. Its aim is to engage all citizens to remove trash and debris from all beaches and waterways and promote awareness on marine and coastal environment protection.
- DENR 7 CELEBRATES ICC DAY
- National Flag Day
- DENR EARTH DAY 2014
- 51 FOREST PROTECTION OFFICERS GET TRAINING
- FORESHORE AREA MASTER PLAN WORKSHOP IN CEBU
- 55 FORESTRY CASES TO BE PURSUED SERIOUSLY
- PRESENT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
- COASTAL WATERS IN 3 TOWNS AFFECTED BY OIL SPILL 'IMPROVING'
- EMB 7 HOLDS 'OZONE' SEMINAR
- P80-MILLION MECHANIZED NURSERY FACILITY IN NEGROS ORIENTAL