51 FOREST PROTECTION OFFICERS GET TRAINING
02 December 2013
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) 7, through its Forest Management Services (FMS) recently conducted a three-day seminar workshop on the environment and natural resources laws for forest protection officers (FPO) or ‘Bantay Gubat’.
“This activity has been initiated to provide more information on our forest protection officers on the relevant laws, rules and regulations on forestry, wildlife protection and conservation, cave resources, wildlife identification, and handling,” said DENR 7 Regional Executive Director Dr. Isabelo R. Montejo.
Attended by more than 50 ‘Bantay Gubat” personnel last November 28 to 30 at Dohera Hotel, A.C. Cortes Avenue, Mandaue City, who have been hired from October to December this year to augment the forest protection efforts and patrolling from the four provinces, Montejo indicated the importance of having a forest protection officer particularly on national greening program (NGP) sites to prevent illegal cutting of trees or illegal logging.
- 51 FOREST PROTECTION OFFICERS GET TRAINING
- FORESHORE AREA MASTER PLAN WORKSHOP IN CEBU
- 55 FORESTRY CASES TO BE PURSUED SERIOUSLY
- PRESENT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
- COASTAL WATERS IN 3 TOWNS AFFECTED BY OIL SPILL 'IMPROVING'
- EMB 7 HOLDS 'OZONE' SEMINAR
- P80-MILLION MECHANIZED NURSERY FACILITY IN NEGROS ORIENTAL
- DENR 7 REPORTS 'OZONE' ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- DIALOGUE ON 'BIG' TICKET PROGRAMS SLATED
- 2 DENR 7 KEY OFFICIALS PASSED CESB EXAM