DENR MANDATE, VISION AND MISSION
MANDATE (EO 192)
The Department is the primary government agency responsible for the conservation, management, development and proper use of the country's environment and natural resources, including those in reservations, watershed areas and lands of the public domain, as well as the licensing and regulation of all natural resources utilization as may be provided by law in order to ensure equitable sharing of the benefits derived therefrom for the welfare of the present and future generations of Filipinos.
To accomplish the department's mandate, the following objectives serve as basis for policy formulation:
- Assure the availability and sustainability of the country's natural resources through their judicious use and systematic restoration or replacement, whenever possible;
- Increase the productivity of natural resources in order to meet the demands for forest, mineral and land resources of a growing population in a manner consistent with environmental protection and enhancement;
- Enhance the contribution of natural resources for achieving national economic, political, social development and ecological integrity;
- Promote equitable access to natural resources by the different sectors of the populations;
- Conserve specific terrestrial and marine areas representative of the Philippine natural and cultural heritage for present and future generations.
A nation enjoying and sustaining its natural resources, and clean and health environment.
To mobilize our citizenry in protecting, conserving and managing the environment and natural resources for the present and future generation.
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: 23 August 2020