DENR-7 CBFMA-CARP

DENR 7 through the Conservation and Development Division (CDD) conducts year-end assessment of 2017 accomplishments and writeshop on the drafting of 2018 activity work plans for partner people’s organizations in Negros Oriental under the Community-Based Forest Management – Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CBFMA-CARP).

cdd 2017

The said activity held November 22-23, 2017 at Hotel Essencia, Dumaguete City is aimed to streamline 2017 remaining activities and set 2018 targets for partner people’s organizations. “We are here because we need to make sure that we deliver all our 2017 targets under CBFMA-CARP by December,” said CDD Chief Mario V. Aragon.

POs assessed are Maglinao Trees Protectors Association Inc (MTPAI) of CENRO Dumaguete City, Danao Multipurpose Mangement Upland Community Organization (DAMUCO) and Ayungon Forest Management Orgaization (AFMO) of CENRO Ayungon, Negros Oriental. During the assessment, Aragon lauded PO DAMUCO for the 75 percent accomplishment and commitment to complete the remaining 25 percent by end of November. He challenged other POs to strategize and work double time to deliver all required targets.

After the assessment, other five partner people’s organizations to be contracted for 2018 also attended the writeshop for the drafting of their 2018 work plans.“Once we complete our 2017 targets, we also have to require our POs to prepare and plan ahead of time for their 2018 deliverables,” added Aragon.

The implementation of the CBFM funded through the CARP fund started in 2007. The primary goal of the project is to mitigate hunger, poverty reduction and environmental protection through agroforestry and other livelihood programs.
CBFMA is a production sharing agreement between the DENR and the participating people’s organization (POs) for a period of 25 years renewable for another 25 years and shall provide tenurial security and incentives to develop, utilize and manage specific portions of forest lands.

News

DENR 7 joins R.A.C.E to serve fun run

In support to the 2018 Philippine Civil Service Month celebration, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) 7 together with other government officials and employees joined the (Responsive, Accessible, Courteous, and Effective) RACE to Serve Public Service Fun Run spearheaded by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) 7 today at UP Cebu Grounds in Lahug.

The theme for this year's Civil Service Month Anniversary is Lingkod Bayani: Maka-Diyos, Makatao, Makabayan which aims to remind all public servants to promote malasakit in public service, to exemplify love of God and country and to contribute in building a citizen-centric government.

Read more...

Photo Releases

Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary. OIWS is the country’s first wetland of international importance for waterfowl declared under RAMSAR. This wetland area is now a critical stopover for tens of thousands of migratory birds travelling the East Asian Migratory Flyway, one of the most important shorebird and water bird migratory flyways in the world.

 

Hidden Bird Paradise. Mahaba Island in Talibon, Bohol is an undiscovered bird’s paradise. Mahaba Island is part of Barangay Calituban, one of eight island barangays of the Municipality of Talibon, which is located on the northwest side of Bohol.

Counting the gains of NGP. One of the most successful and remarkable milestones of National Greening Program (NGP) in Central Visayas is the established Coffee Plantations in San Pascual, Ubay, Bohol established in 2011 by the Ubay Federated Tree Planters Association, Inc. (UFTPAI).

As of today, UFTPAI native coffee is now marketed in Ubay and all other neighboring municipalities in Bohol.

Bugnay Wine. Made and produced by partner people’s organization, the Ubay Federated Tree Planters Association, Inc. (UFTPAI) in San Pascual, Ubay, Bohol

Man-made Molave Forest. One of Siquijor’s pride, the reforestation site is one of the oldest in the country, established in 1937. This 202.15-hectare molave plantation is found in Salagdoong, Maria, Siquijor.

Man-made Molave Forest (Salagdoong, Maria, Siquijor)

Nature’s Mystic Beauty. Lamanoc Island, Anda, Bohol. A newly discovered ecotourism destination in Bohol and is part of the Candijay-Anda-Mabini Mangrove Swamp Forest Reserve and Wilderness Area, a protected area managed by the DENR.

Other Links

  • office-of-the-president

  •   
  • official-gazette